The ideal candidate will have excellent experience customizing an embedded operating system, and will bring strong fundamental software development skills and excellent communication to our client's fast-paced agile project environment.
Farmington Hills, MI
A small amount of domestic and international travel will be required for this role.
$100K - $115K, commensurate with experience
Our client offers a very generous benefits package and an attractive work environment.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in embedded software development
- Strong C++ programming language skill
- Strong experience customizing at least one embedded operating system
- Experience with or an interest in embedded systems projects involving Cloud and Speech Recognition (Nuance Library)
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Deep knowledge of the inner workings of the Android platform (AOSP)
- Experience with the Android Compatibility Test Suite (CTS) and unit testing for TDD on the Android platform
- Experience working for or collaborating with automotive OEMs
- Experience with or a strong desire to work in an agile software development framework
- Estimate user stories
- Implement features and support other developers with Android development challenges
- Analyze system performance and behavior.
- Support and advise test team on developing test cases
- Actively participate on a global Agile Scrum team