Our client develops software tools and products that are installed by end customers or accessed via AWS-based cloud services. Our client's Product Managers are charged with understanding end customers' development processes and helping to ensure that products integrate nicely into development tools such as Jira and Selenium or work well as browser extensions. They evaluate customer requests and market forces and make decisions about feature prioritization and release contents.
As the Senior Product Manager, your focus will be on how our client's overall suite of products fit together, and on guiding a larger vision of their products' features and releases. You will also mentor and guide the Product Managers.
Ann Arbor, MI
Our client offers a competitive base salary, health insurance benefits, tuition reimbursement, and 401(k) plan participation
- The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager in B2B software product development
- 5 years of experience interacting with the IT organizations in Fortune 500 companies and government institutions
- Working knowledge of modern Web and native mobile app development technologies and tools is essential
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Excellent conversational and presentation skills and strong written communication skills
- Evidence-based thinking and decision-making skills
- Ability to travel throughout the US, to Canada, and internationally
- Accessibility knowledge
- Our client has a strong preference for a candidate who has been an employee of a small company for a least a portion of his or her career
- Our client is looking for a candidate who is passionate about translating vision into results, and about identifying customer needs and crafting innovative, viable and marketable products to address those needs.
- You will help Product Managers create detailed product requirements from end-goals based on client needs and innovative thinking while maintaining a balance between visionary product goals and resource availability.
- You will establish and maintain effective ways to track input from customers, technical support, sales, and other colleagues and to work with your team to distill this information into a series of strategically prioritized releases.
- You will keep abreast of direct and indirect competitors and help to maintain a clear competitive advantage.
- You will also be responsible for communicating and demonstrating the functions and benefits of your product to highly qualified prospects and customers. You will also work closely with sales, support and marketing to ensure the product and subsequent releases are well understood and represented by the company as a whole.
- This role will have responsibility for both inbound (product development) and outbound (product marketing) functions.