You will participate in the commissioning of dynamometer test stands, helping integrate electrical equipment from a variety of manufacturers.
Ann Arbor, MI
80-110K (potentially higher for exceptional fit candidate)
B.S. in Engineering
SUMMARY OF REQUIRED SKILLS
- At least 8 years of combined project experience including:
-Projects as project manager
-Projects as project engineer
-Estimation and proposal creation on future customer projects.
- Background in electrical engineering and design of data acquisition test systems (experience with dynamometer test equipment/rotating machines).
- MS Office including MS Project
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE SEVERAL OF THE FOLLOWING
- Experience with design of control systems (hardware and software).
- Experience with electrical codes (NFPA, IEC, IEEE, UL) in regard to machine building and facility power connections.
- Experience with instrument communication interfaces (EtherNet, EtherCAT, Serial, USB, Modbus, AK, Profibus, CAN).
- Experience with safety systems (E-Stops, safety relays).
- Ability to diagnose and trouble shoot systems issues during manufacture check-out.
- Experience with AutoCAD / AutoCAD Electrical and drawing standards.
- Experience with VFDs and Electric Machines.
- Ability to effectively lead customer meetings for technical scope discussions, clarifications and design reviews.
- Ability to lead or support proposal team to review customer RFPs for complex systems; providing hardware cost and labor hour estimates.
- Ability to define electrical components/systems required to design complete projects and to create project electrical documentation.
- Experience with MRP/ERP system to initiate project BOM orders.
- Experience with identifying proposed project risk factors and correctly account for it with time and cost budgets.
- Ability to evaluate vendor and subcontractor bids/proposals for price, scope and technical capability.
- Ability to provide proposal write up for special engineering items so deliverable items are properly described in the customer proposals.
- Experience with providing project management plans per established project management processes and PMI methodologies.
- Ability to manage projects from start to finish through complete project life cycle and to provide monthly status reports to PMO.
- Ability to ensure customer satisfaction and manage scope changes.
- Experience with managing procurements, alternative vendor bids, and proper terms of procurements as required.
WOULD BE NICE
- Working knowledge of engine test cell and hybrid battery pack testing including support utilities.
- PMP certified
- CAP certified
- Analog signal conditioning and/or power electronics interface design