This is a 3 month full-time engagement with possibility of extension.
Ann Arbor area, MI
45-75/hr depending on skills and experience.
- Ability to work onsite with client's equipment.
- Candidate will be required to make modifications to existing embedded C code to implement a new communications protocol over RS232, so will need experience implementing asynchronous communication over RS232.
- Experience with low-level firmware development. This work will including modifying existing Interrupt Service Routines.
- Must have knowledge of calibration and instrumentation.
- Candidate must be willing to be part of a quick-paced development cycle, be flexible with changing requirements, and be self-motivated to identify and remedy problems with existing software.
WOULD BE BENEFICIAL
- Ability to work with an existing template to create an embedded C++ Linux program to interface to the instruments (i.e. strong object-oriented skills, experience using the Standard Template Library including the C++11 additions).
- Experience with network (TCP) sockets on POSIX-compliant systems like Linux, BSD or UNIX.