This position is based in our client's Ypsilanti, Michigan office, but may require travel to client sites. Great opportunity for someone early in their career and looking for valuable experience.
Up to 24/hr. This is a six-month contract-to-hire opportunity. During the contracting portion of this assignment you will be an employee of Stout Systems and eligible for benefits.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or an Engineering discipline
- Knowledge of either the Java or C++ programming language
- An understanding of database concepts and experience with SQL Server, Oracle or MySQL
- Experience with UNIX or Linux
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including experience dealing directly with clients or end users regarding technology problems
- Able to travel to customer sites and provide some after-hours and weekend support
- Web development experience is highly desirable
- JOOMLA development is highly desirable
- Scripting experience is highly desirable
- Experience with the full software development life cycle is a plus
- Testing and debugging experience is desirable
- Experience with version control tools like CVS or SVN is a plus
- Develop moderately complex software programs for assigned systems, applications and/or products following general program specifications.
- Code, test and debug new software or enhance existing software following general specifications.
- Write and maintain technical documentation for assigned software projects, including code functions and relationships.
- May focus on analysis, design and product certification.
- May gather information and write functional specifications.