As a System Administrator you will manage or assist with the installation, maintenance and support of software, hardware and peripherals running on local and remote servers. You will maintain and monitor server performance, security and availability for system users. You will be responsible for gathering data to identify end user needs and then use that information to identify, interpret and evaluate system and network performance. You will be responsible for administering Microsoft Windows folder and file permissions. You will be responsible for the support of the local area network (LAN) and wide area network (WAN) segments.
$25 to $30/hour. During the contracting portion of the assignment you will be an employee of Stout Systems and eligible for benefits.
Target salary upon conversion to direct-hire employment with our client is $50-60K plus benefit.
Minimum Associates degree in Information Technology or related discipline
- 5 years' hands on experience in a similar position
- Formal training in Windows O/S Administration.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related discipline
- Certification as a MCSE or MCP
- Monitor server performance. Maintain and record metrics for evaluation on improvements.
- Administer security for data systems, including security for local nodes of communication networks. Maintain user lists and security logs, and follows up on security violations.
- Administer Microsoft Windows folder and file permissions and Active Directory group membership for user accounts.
- Ensure proper backup of all business systems servers. Ensure proper storage and security of backed up data.
- Create and maintain Disaster Recovery manual and related documentation.
- Develop and maintain the enterprise inventory of servers and other peripheral equipment and their network connections including software and hardware licenses.
- Provide 1st Level technical support for the computer network. Trouble-shoot network issues.
- Install, replace and maintain server hardware and software over multiple platforms. Make minor repairs and equipment relocations.
- Communicate as appropriate with end-users, user groups, and other enterprise organizations to resolve data access conflicts, hardware/software issues, system performance, etc.
- Research new technologies that may increase corporate productivity or provide better service to the enterprise.