This is a six month contract position. The work must be performed on site at our client's facility in the Ann Arbor, MI area.
Ann Arbor, MI area
45 to 75/hr commensurate with skills and experience.
6-month contract with the possibility of extensions.
- Solid understanding of and experience with C++ in embedded systems development
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with the Standard Template Library (STL) including containers, smart pointers, etc.
- Experience with networking protocols
- Strong problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Familiarity with reading simple hardware schematics and a basic understanding of electronics
EXPERIENCE WITH THE FOLLOWING WOULD BE USEFUL
- Embedded Linux experience, including using the CLI
- Firmware design experience
- CAN, I2C, SPI or other hardware bus in an embedded project
- Combustion engine knowledge and/or hands-on experience with automobile maintenance and repair
- BeagleBone, Raspberry Pi and/or other embedded Linux target
EXAMPLES OF WORK MIGHT INCLUDE
- Engaging with our engineering department to design and integrate new instrumentation into our modular platform
- Communicating with our manufacturing department to automate calibration and test stands
- Providing high-level technical support to our global team of service technicians