Our client provides a full-service, back-office management solution--including property accounting, accounts payable, IT network hosting, PC and application support. The Help Desk team handles Tier 1 and Tier 2 support. The Escalation team handles Tier 3 support as well as evaluating and deploying enterprise applications. In this role you will split your time between hands-on technical work and leadership responsibilities (day-to-day resource management, performance reviews, etc.).
Ann Arbor, MI
There will be occasional travel to our client's home office in California. Otherwise this is a fully local role.
$75K to $95K commensurate with experience plus benefits.
- 10+ years' experience in systems or network engineering.
- At least 1 year of experience leading a technical team (including conducting performance reviews and such)
- In-depth knowledge of Office365 and related Microsoft cloud-based applications such as Exchange, SharePoint, OneDrive, Sway, Delve, SQL Server, SSRS, etc.
- Your skills with Active Directory administration, PowerShell scripting, basic network configuration, etc. must still be sharp. You will be expected to lead technical discussions with the team in engineering solutions as well as provide clarity during outages on the direction the team should go next.
- Must be an expert with infrastructure (private cloud environments, SaaS, virtualization, etc.)
- Experience with SQL Server and its related applications (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS)
- Must be able to manage relationships with multiple customers and keep them happy. Additionally, must have a strong customer service orientation and the soft skills necessary to effectively deal with (and calm, when necessary) CEO-level customers.
- Ability to assess creative ways to structure product and service offerings for clients
- While this role has a hands-on component to it, it also plays a critical role in the company's overall management team and will have input into the future strategic direction of the company's product/service offerings and the make-up of their team.
- This is a support role, so you must be willing to work some off hours. (There is an established rotation, but you must also be ready and willing to jump in on emergencies if/when necessary.)
- The ideal candidate might come from a VAR, where they're familiar with the challenges associated with providing IT services to a wide variety of customers, each with multiple different priorities, values, etc.