This is primarily heavy duty image processing code that crunches on big images.
Ann Arbor, MI area
For the right candidates, relocation assistance is available.
Starting at $60K for entry level and rising to generous six figures depending upon your skills and experience.
Our client offers an excellent comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life, and short/long-term disability insurance, vacation and sick leave, 401(k) retirement plan, Flexible Spending Account and tuition assistance.
A Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related field is preferred. But in lieu of a degree, extensive work experience developing complex engineering applications is acceptable.
- The primary requirement is a strong background in an object oriented programming language, preferably C++. (Strong experience with Java, C# or Python is a reasonable substitute as long as you are willing to learn C++.)
- Because our client is a U.S. Department of Defense contractor, you must be a U.S. Citizen. You must be eligible to receive a TS/SCI Clearance within 18 months.
ANY OF THE FOLLOWING WOULD BE NICE
- Familiarity with XML- not just what it looks like, but how to represent things in it cleanly as well as how to use open source libraries to parse it and validate it against a schema.
- Prior experience leading a team of software developers on technical tasks would be great for a senior developer. That would include being able to interact with program managers to determine a schedule and then break this into logical tasks for other developers to implement.
- Experience with MATLAB.
- Experience writing multi-threaded code on a big memory machine or figuring out an efficient way to distribute work across a cluster of machines.
- Experience as an algorithm developer--designing and developing signal processing and data estimation algorithms and coding them into software.
- You can take a complex algorithm handed to you as a set of equations or MATLAB code and turn it into something that's elegant and flexible as well as bullet-proof, leak-free, and fast (and you've got the unit tests to prove it).
- Experience and passion for optimization, numerical analysis, and/or modeling.
- Familiarity with remote sensing.
- Our client is a major supplier of weather information and remote sensing intelligence with customers including commercial and governmental organizations in defense, agriculture and energy.
- They are a leader in remote sensing technology and image processing. They enable users to get and process imagery from sophisticated satellites. Think Google Earth.