Our client's application centers around a searchable database for mathematical scientists. The successful applicant will have experience designing and developing applications across the entire stack, including the front-end, domain logic and data tiers.
Ann Arbor, MI
There is no relocation assistance available for this role.
$75 to $85K (commensurate with skills and experience) and an exceptional benefits package including health and dental insurance, very generous retirement contributions and paid leave, paid life insurance, a casual, collegial work environment, tuition assistance and professional development opportunities.
This position requires a minimum of a bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science
- Minimum 3 years' experience as a full-time programmer
- Full stack Java Web development experience
- Strong skill in SQL/RDBMS
- Experience with and an interest in working with Open Source tools
- You must be familiar with functional programming principles and strongly interested in learning Scala
- Experience with continuous Integration (e.g. Jenkins, Hudson)
- Experience using source code control (e.g., Git, Subversion)
- Experience with Unix/Linux including use of SSH and basic shell scripting
- Experience with full text databases such as Elasticsearch
- Experience building web services (REST, JSON, XML, etc.)
- Understanding of object oriented principles and design patterns
- Experience designing concurrent and distributed systems using Akka
- Our client is a very successful non-profit organization that has been in existence for many decades
- The corporate culture is very similar to that found in academic institutions