To start, you will join a development team working on an application for the National Cancer Institute. The team is not co-located, so you will work from your own office.
Ann Arbor, MI. Although this role will be performed primarily as a telecommute, there is a strong preference for a candidate who can meet with the project team periodically.
Up to $110K commensurate with experience.
This role may start out as a brief contract-to-hire through Stout with conversion to direct-hire employment with our client shortly thereafter.
Bachelor of Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, GIS or Physics
- Strong expertise as a server side developer. The back end stack includes MySQL and PHP, but your general database and server-side expertise is more important than strong experience in the stack.
- Excellent data management capabilities, including XML, database and other data management technologies
- Experience with best practices in user credentialing, storing user customizations and sessions states on the server side, and security
- Experience developing and consuming Web services
- Personal attributes: you must be adaptable, flexible, a self starter and capable of contributing to complex analysis of data and trends related to the intersection of geography and health
- The next project on deck will be re-engineering a Windows desktop application written in C++ as a web-based application and also adding new functionality to it.
- As a result, a server-side developer who has familiarity or experience with C++ would rise to the top of the list.
- Even if you're not an expert, as long as you are not a complete novice at C++ and are sharp enough to pick up any missing C++ knowledge fairly quickly, you may be qualified.