As with any enterprise application, you will coordinate with customer network, storage, server, and security administrators. Customers may ask your advice on how to configure Apache, IIS, proxy servers, load balancers, firewalls and VPNs. The product runs on both Linux and Windows servers, with either Oracle or SQL databases. You will also handle support issues related to software installation and diagnose performance and/or security issues. Periodic after-hours pager support of the SaaS environment is required. Some evening and weekend work is required to support customer upgrades during non-business hours.
Commensurate with skills and experience.
Please note: In some cases, our client elects to engage candidates in a contract-to-hire model. If this applies to you, you would be an employee of Stout Systems for approximately 6 months and then convert to employment with our customer.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client is ranked as a Top Workplace by the Detroit Free Press and a Cool Place to Work by Crain's Detroit Business. If you are looking for the closest thing to a Silicon Valley culture outside of Silicon Valley, this is the company for you! You will work with a high-performing team in a culture that values cross-training and promotion from within.
Up to 5%.
- Red Hat Linux Enterprise is a MUST!
- 5+ years' application support experience in a high uptime, large, heavy-traffic managed hosting environment
- 3+ years' VMware, Windows and Linux Server Administration experience, including diagnosis of performance issues, package management, load estimation, kernel tuning, networking configuration, etc.
- 2+ years' software engineering experience, preferably shell scripting and Java
- Knowledge of Web-server configuration and installation (e.g. NGINX, Apache, Tomcat, IIS, Java-based tools, Apache Ant, etc.)
- Knowledge of directory services such as Active Directory and LDAP
- Use of remote access tools (Remote Desktop, VPN, Citrix)
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytic skills and the ability to work independently on large, complex projects with minimal guidance
- Configuration Management experience (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Jenkins)
- Oracle and SQL Server Administration experience
- Business Objects system administration knowledge
- Familiarity with version control (GIT)
- Experience with implementation of IT Service Management methodologies (e.g. ITIL)
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Perform customer installations and configurations on a regularly scheduled basis, as well as urgent upgrades as needed
- Deploy application and data changes to all environments as needed, including load balancer, proxy server, firewall, and VPN configuration
- Take ownership of production issues, working closely with the customer support and development teams on issue resolution
- Coordinate database setup and configuration with DBA team
- Engineer extensive scripting and automation to enable applications to install and run in all environments with minimal manual intervention
- Advise customers on installation and configuration of applications, server sizing, load balancers, proxy servers, firewalls, and VPN
- Remain current on industry leading application performance monitoring solutions (APM) for SaaS environments (e.g. New Relic, Site24x7, Gomez, dynaTrace, SolarWinds, Nagios, etc.)