Our client develops a wide variety of products, primarily on contract for the U.S. Department of Defense. You will manage multiple concurrent projects. Current skill in C++ or in embedded systems engineering is required. This role will include hands-on technical work in addition to managing the Development team and associated budgets, schedules, etc.
Ann Arbor, MI area
Commensurate with experience
Please note: In some cases, our client elects to engage candidates in a contract-to-hire model. If this applies to you, you would be an employee of Stout Systems for approximately 6 months and then convert to employment with our customer.
- Strong C++ programming skill in Visual Studio
OR strong embedded systems or hardware engineering skill
- Experience as a development manager with responsibility for managing the schedules of projects and resources
- Experience managing multiple concurrent projects
- Good communication skills, both with clients for the purposes of eliciting and clarifying requirements, and with software and engineering team members
- Highly organized
- Because our client works for the U.S. Department of Defense, you must be a U.S. Citizen.
ANY OF THE FOLLOWING WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE
- Experience budgeting labor hours in a service organization
- Experience working in a contracting organization