You will work on a variety of writing assignments including contributing to proposals, technical and user guides, and marketing materials. Our client develops a wide variety of products for the Department of Defense.
Ann Arbor, MI area
Commensurate with experience, but limited to a compensation level appropriate for a junior candidate
Please note: In some cases, our client elects to engage candidates in a contract-to-hire model. If this applies to you, you would be an employee of Stout Systems for approximately 6 months and then convert to employment with our customer. You will be eligible for benefits during your Stout employment.
YOU MUST HAVE TWO OF THESE THREE
- Experience writing marketing materials such as blog postings, social media postings, web content or print content
- Experience with technical writing, including writing technical user guides and status reports for technical projects
- Prior experience contributing copy to technical proposals or editing copy that has been contributed by others
THE REST OF THE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- You must have work samples, whether online or printed, that you can present for review during the interview process
- Because our client works for the U.S. Department of Defense, you must be a U.S. Citizen.
- If you are a good writer who enjoys a wide variety of work, this is a great role for you.
- On average, you will probably spend about 16 hours each week writing and editing technical documents and status reports
- You will probably spend another 8 hours each week writing content for social media including blog posts, announcements and the like
- You will help write proposals and respond to RFPs, both as a contributor and as an editor of material written by others.