In this role, your initial responsibilities will revolve around supporting a legacy system that is moving into its end-of-life phase. Over time, you will participate in other development projects, some of which are Web based, some of which are Cloud based, and some of which involve DevOps tools. Training in these areas is available if you are not familiar with them.
$40 to $45/hour
During the contracting portion of the assignment, you will be a direct-hire employee of Stout Systems and eligible for excellent health care benefits, life and long term disability insurance and paid holidays.
- Solid database experience in MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL or MariaDB
- Demonstrated ability to write complex SQL queries and stored procedures for both application use and ad-hoc reporting
- Solid programming skill in either Java or C#
- Flexible and adaptable to maintain and improve projects implemented using other technologies. Specifically, we are seeking a candidate with a strong desire to learn Python, Cloud computing, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Able to create accurate implementation plans and timelines to achieve project goals--and to manage ones activities against them.
- Able to communicate clearly, to create and maintain documentation, and to support both internal and external users as necessary.
- Able to independently drive projects to completion, promptly report issues and propose solutions, and coordinate with other team members as appropriate.
- Experience with Restful and SOAP API design and usage
- You will join a team that creates custom data processing applications that support, printing, mailing, and e commerce systems.