You will work on a small but growing team of software developers and technologists who work on state of the art simulation tools for the U.S. Department of Defense.
Ann Arbor, MI area
Commensurate with experience.
Please note: In some cases, our client elects to engage candidates in a contract-to-hire model. If this applies to you, you would be an employee of Stout Systems for approximately 6 months and then convert to employment with our customer.
Our client offers a competitive salary, health insurance, dental insurance, flexible spending account, life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurances, flexible hours, relaxed environment, casual dress code, the opportunity to learn new technologies and work on some really cool projects and more.
- 3+ years of C++ professional experience coding software as part of a team.
- Knowledge of both modern and traditional C/C++ techniques.
- Experience creating software products for graphics, simulations, modeling, CAD, robotics, scientific or high performance computing.
- Experience with multithreading.
- Enjoy most of the following:
- Coding of game-like systems that leverage tools and technologies such as Unreal and Ogre3d.
- Producing clean and efficient code.
- GUI development.
- Physics or Vehicle Simulation.
- Robotics and sensing.
- Experience with most of the following:
- Version control software (git, svn, etc).
- Bug tracking (Mantis, Jira, etc).
- GCC and Visual Studio toolchains.
- Because our client works for the U.S. Department of Defense, you must be a U.S. Citizen.
ANY OF THE FOLLOWING WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE
- Experience writing real-time, graphics-focused simulation systems that can be used for training, education, and/or engineering applications.
- Multiplatform development.
- Experience optimizing code for real-time performance.
- Experience with Python and other scripting style languages.
- Experience with physics and rendering middleware (PhysX, Havok, ODE, Ogre3d, Unreal).
- Experience documenting code and producing technical content, such as User Guides.
- Develop, improve, and maintain large, complex codebases.
- Test software designs and code at the unit and system level to ensure all requirements are met.