Our client is a research and development company that works with clients to build new products and technologies based on state-of-the-art algorithms and software. Products and technologies include robot simulators, autonomous vehicle technologies, tools for forensic labs, and more.
Ann Arbor, MI area
Commensurate with experience.
Please note: In some cases, our client elects to engage candidates in a contract-to-hire model. If this applies to you, you would be an employee of Stout Systems for approximately 6 months and then convert to employment with our customer.
Our client offers a competitive salary, health insurance, dental insurance, flexible spending account, life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurances, flexible hours, relaxed environment, casual dress code, the opportunity to learn new technologies and work on some really cool projects and more.
Bachelor's degree in engineering, applied mathematics, applied physics, or related field required. Graduate study preferred.
- Minimum 2 years' post-college experience in one of the following:
- Signal/image processing and video analytics
- Sensors and sensor processing (lidar, radar, ultrasonics, cameras, GPS receivers, IMUs, etc.)
- Solid practical programming skills in Python, C/C++, MATLAB, or Java. Your programming skills must be adequate to create prototypes.
- Strong grasp of linear algebra, probability, and statistics
- Interest in learning about and applying advanced technology to new problems. A strong intellectual curiosity is the primary personal characteristic required for this role.
- Because this is a client-facing role, you must have strong writing and presentation skills
- Our client works for the U.S. Department of Defense, so you must be a U.S. Citizen.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL
- Survey available literature, assess existing state-of-the-art approaches, and adapt methods and algorithms to customer applications
- Develop software prototypes in high-level languages and work with software engineers to create and test production code
- Support planning and execution of data collection exercises and test events
- Analyze data, identify issues, communicate results with staff and customers
- Model sensor, communication, and vehicle systems
- Prepare written reports and briefings for customers