In this role, you will provide technical support at a cloud hosting facility that services small to mid-sized companies. This will be mostly Tier 2 and above support.
Hours are Monday through Friday, 10 AM to 7 PM.
Genesee County, MI.
$45K to $60K commensurate with experience
Please note that all personnel are eligible for a 5% annual merit bonus paid quarterly, up to 3.5% 401K contribution, PTO, paid holidays, medical insurance and more.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with client support work, preferably in an IT/technology firm
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve a wide range of customer support issues from basic to complex, including but not limited to: backups, patching, imaging, permissions, and working with Windows and Linux servers
- Experience with Network/System Administration
- Understanding of VMWare
- Scripting experience such as PowerShell, Bash, or Python, and an interest in automation
- Able to participate in an on-call rotation (typically a one-week on-call rotation once every several weeks)
- Passion for delivering superlative client service and attaining the highest levels of client satisfaction
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation
- Associates degree or relevant technical certifications
- Experience configuring or troubleshooting firewalls would be a plus
- Provide professional and friendly support via telephone and electronic help desk
- Participate in a daily queue-watching rotation to make sure that no request goes unnoticed
- Perform scheduled maintenance tasks
- Follow a well-established escalation procedure in the event of a service outage
- Manage client communications including sending out maintenance notifications and reminders