Please note that this is a hands-on, working role leading Cyber Security Operations Center (CSOC) team.
You should be in the top tier in your technical abilities when it comes to cyber security services including threat/security monitoring, digital forensics, incident response, chain of custody, risk/threat analysis, vulnerability assessment, endpoint security, infrastructure architecture review and analysis, compliance assessments, e-Discovery and internal investigation, and metrics/reporting.
Syracuse-Rochester-Ithaca area, NY
This role is not available as a remote/telecommute.
Up to $115K for an exceptional-fit candidate
In addition to salary, our client offers a target 15% bonus for this role plus excellent benefits.
Bachelor's degree in Information Security or a related field, or similar experience.
- You have a Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) Certification or are willing to obtain one within the first six months of employment
- Minimum 5 years' related experience, including experience as the manager or team lead of a Security Operations Center
- Deep incident response (IR) experience
- Experience with digital forensics and e-discovery
- Knowledge of common attack vectors
- Experience with risk evaluation through vulnerability assessment
- Able to conduct threat modeling and risk Scoring
- You hold any of the following certifications:
- GIAC certifications, specifically GSEC, GCIH, GFCA, GCFE, GCIA
- Splunk Certified Admin or Architect
Please note that you may be asked to obtain some of the certifications you do not already hold within your first six months of your employment.
- You have experience with NIST 800-53 security controls.
- Able to work calmly under pressure
- Able to talk to all levels of leadership
- Enjoys mentoring and leading a team
- While you will not participate in the regular first-level on-call rotation in this role, you will effectively be on call 24x7x365 as the first point of escalation should an incident arise.
- Some travel required, which may include international travel.