This position is based in our client's Ypsilanti, Michigan office, but may require travel to client sites. Great opportunity for someone early in their career and looking for valuable experience.
This role requires approximately 25% travel. A typical project will require working out of the Ypsilanti office with 2-3 onsite visits to a client over the duration of a six-month project. You will likely be working on a few concurrent projects - thus the 25% figure.
Candidates who are able to travel 100% will be seen highly favorably.
Up to $32.50/hr. This is a six-month contract-to-hire opportunity. During the contracting portion of this assignment you will be an employee of Stout Systems and eligible for benefits.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or an Engineering discipline
- Knowledge of a programming language like C, C++, Java, or Python
- Database concepts and experience with SQL Server or Oracle or MySQL
- Experience with UNIX or Linux
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. This is a client-facing role.
- Web development experience (MySQL, Python, Django)
- Scripting experience
- Knowledge of software development life cycle
- Testing and debugging experience
- Experience with version control tools like CVS or SVN
- Experience dealing directly with clients or end customers regarding technology problems and recommending solutions.
- In this role you will be responsible for utilizing your technical and communications skills to analyze requirements, support and enhance software applications, and implement solutions.
- You will participate in the requirements analysis, development, testing, implementation, documentation and support of internal and client applications and interfaces.
- You will leverage your technical and analytical skills to develop, implement, and test enterprise applications.
- You will analyze problems, troubleshoot issues, propose solutions, and implement fixes.
- You will track and analyze performance results and metrics, identifying data patterns and trends.
- You will assist in gathering information for and developing user and training documentation.