In this role you will provide knowledge of vendor hardware warranty, software maintenance programs, and licensing terms and conditions.You will be responsible for the administration and remediation of software licenses and/or hardware assets to ensure compliance with vendor contracts.
We are targeting candidates who are looking for a career with our client, one that will afford them excellent growth opportunities, eventually growing into a senior leadership role. Candidates not interested in this type of career path will not be a good fit.
This role can be remote or located in Westchester County, NY or in the Syracuse-Rochester-Ithaca area, NY
Relocation assistance is not available for this role.
$80K to $100K commensurate with experience.
In addition to salary, our client offers excellent benefits. In this role you may be eligible for bonus.
- 2-4 years of experience in IT Asset Management throughout an asset's lifecycle (planning to disposal) with particular focus on software license management, contract management, and software procurement.
- Knowledge of vendor software contracts, licensing terminology, and software licensing rights.
- Experience with a wide variety of software product licensing for a healthy mixture of software vendors, especially with those companies that often audit compliance such as IBM, SAP and Oracle. You must be able to interpret, analyze and summarize contracts, and evaluate pricing and licensing proposals.
- Proficient with IT asset management and inventory tracking tools.
- A strong foundation in information systems environments, including key physical and virtual open systems and mainframe hardware data attributes (processors, cores, LPARS, etc.).
NICE TO HAVE
- CITAM, CSAM, ITILv3, or CTPE certification
- Experience in a global company
- Experience undergoing a software license compliance audit
- Experience with Linux, HP/UX operating systems and networking
- Experience with Snow License Manager and ServiceNow
- Knowledgeable about Microsoft Hyper-V, Microsoft System Center, and Active Directory as well as Windows operating systems.
- In this role you will have a wide variety of responsibilities in the area of asset/inventory tracking, license compliance and cost containment through both license negotiation and license re-use.