Our client is extending its metrology expertise and applications to a new area of application. In this role you will help lead the new practice, so your prior experience producing and deploying this type of system will be highly valuable.
Ann Arbor area
Commensurate with experience.
Candidates who are interested in contract, contract-to-hire or direct-hire will be considered.
Electrical Engineering Degree or Controls Engineering Degree (or comparable work experience)
- Demonstrated competence creating and deploying industrial automation or machine vision systems in production environments
- Experience with LabVIEW, National Instruments Vision Builder and ladder logic
- Experience interfacing with control and conveyor systems in real time
- Knowledge of manufacturing network protocols (Ethernet I/P, DeviceNet, etc.)
- Expert knowledge in one or more Control Systems (preferably Rockwell Automation)
- Familiar with C#
- Candidate will design the HMIs in a variety of control systems for multi-axis and multi-function factory-based measurement systems
- Candidate will develop software using LabView (possibly C#) that will communicate with and control POE (Power over Ethernet) cameras, actuators, and conveyor systems