This opportunity offers:
--Domestic and International travel (this is minimally a 50% travel role, sometimes more)
--Opportunities to learn about and work with cool technologies being utilized in industries such as astronomy, healthcare, crime detection, semiconductors and much, much more.
--Career growth. Our client's Field Service technicians have opportunities to grow their careers with the company in multiple different directions.
Ann Arbor, MI
$50K-$70K (possibly more for an exceptional-fit candidate), plus up to $10K additional in merit pay.
- Technical support experience including network and software installations.
- Solid experience and understanding of communication protocols such as manufacturing networks (OPC, ModBus, etc.), Ethernet, RS232 and other serial communications.
SOME OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES MIGHT INCLUDE:
- Set up equipment and perform complex processes and measurements.
- Provide technical assistance and work toward continual improvement for field service processes, procedures and equipment.
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment. This may be telephone, email or personal contact with customers.
- Assist in production, testing and calibration of equipment at the factory when required.
- Gather and interpret data to provide accurate diagnostics