Our client's application centers around a searchable database for abstracts. The successful applicant will have experience designing and developing applications across the entire stack, including the front-end, domain logic and data tiers. In addition, in this role, experience with DBA duties is required.
Ann Arbor, MI
There is no relocation assistance available for this role. This role is not available as a remote/telecommute.
Up to $110K plus generous benefit package including health and dental insurance, very generous retirement contributions and paid leave, paid life insurance, a casual, collegial work environment, tuition assistance and professional development opportunities.
This position requires a minimum of a bachelor's degree in a computer-related major from an accredited institution.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience as a full time programmer in a professional environment.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in a LAMP stack.
- DBA experience with SQL Server, Oracle or PostgreSQL including normalization, back-up, load balancing, performance tuning, etc. in a production environment.
- Experience consuming web services (REST, JSON, XML, etc.).
- Experience with source control (Git, Subversion).
- An aptitude for and interest in learning new things
- Experience with Ingres.
- Experience with any functional programming language, especially Scala.
- Experience with Elasticsearch.
- Experience with Devops tools such as Jenkins, Hudson and Docker
- In this role you will serve as a part time DBA and part time Web developer. You will have the opportunity to learn many new technologies on the job. You will enjoy a supportive and encouraging work culture.
- Please note that our client's stack includes Scala, which you must be interested in and willing to learn.