As a part of our client's team, your primary responsibility will be working with data from large clinical or claims data warehouses to produce Standard Analytical Files for research and study reports.
Ann Arbor, MI
$75-85K (potentially higher for an exceptional-fit candidate) plus 10% 401K contribution, generous time off, and other exceptional benefits
Minimum of Bachelors Degree
Our client is a not-for-profit organization which strives to improve clinical practices, patient outcomes, health-related public policy, and medical payment systems.
Their multidisciplinary teams of clinicians, biostatisticians, policy analysts, data and project managers, programmers, and other professionals share a passion for high-quality, evidence-based research and take pride in collective achievement. Their goal is to address the pressing health-care challenges of today and tomorrow.
- 5+ years experience including using SAS Base to work with complex and large healthcare datasets
- Proficiency in using SAS with data step, macro processing, and PROC SQL
- Ability to write clearly readable and efficient code and present it to a variety of audiences
- Experience responding to a variety of user requests utilizing Base SAS or other SAS products (proficiency in using SAS version 9 and above is strongly preferred)
- Experience with large, complex data-sources
- Experience with evaluating/analyzing complex business problems and translating these into implementation design
- Familiarity with SAS statistical procedures and excellent understanding of statistical concepts and fluency in analytical approaches for health care outcomes (demonstrated by previous experience using health care related data)
- Ability to discuss complex projects with technical and non-technical audiences
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT REQUIRED
- Experience with other relational databases or data warehouses
- Non-profit experience
- Health research background
- Experience with formal software development lifecycle processes
- In this role, you will serve as the architect/technical decision maker and work in collaboration with analytical staff to implement standardized coding and variable creation. Additionally, you will coordinate the documentation of major file systems.
- You will lead the analyses and address questions posed by data requesters and funding sources, thereby accomplishing a wide variety of analytical and programming requests.
- This role requires working collaboratively with other programming staff to maintain and enhance major products of the project.