Our client's application centers around a searchable database for abstracts. The successful applicant will have experience designing and developing applications across the entire stack, including the front-end, domain logic and data tiers. In addition, in this role, experience with DBA duties is required.
Ann Arbor, MI
This role is not available as a remote/telecommute.
Up to $110K plus generous benefit package including health and dental insurance, very generous retirement contributions and paid leave, paid life insurance, a casual, collegial work environment, tuition assistance and professional development opportunities.
This position requires a minimum of a bachelor's degree in a computer-related major from an accredited institution.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience as a full time programmer in a professional environment.
- Experience in a Linux environment.
- DBA experience with SQL Server, Oracle or PostgreSQL including normalization, back-up, load balancing, performance tuning, etc. in a production environment.
- Experience working with a compiled language, either C# or Java.
- Experience consuming web services (REST, JSON, XML, etc.).
- Experience with source control (Git, Subversion).
- An aptitude for and interest in learning new things
- Experience with Ingres.
- Experience with any functional programming language, especially Scala.
- Experience with Elasticsearch.
- Experience with Devops tools such as Jenkins, Hudson and Docker.
- Experience with Vue.js.
- In this role you will serve as a part time DBA and part time Web developer. You will have the opportunity to learn many new technologies on the job. You will enjoy a supportive and encouraging work culture.
- Please note that our client's stack includes Scala, which you must be interested in and willing to learn.