A successful candidate will be able to both manage systems hands-on as well as coordinate operations and support activities within remote data centers and globally distributed locations.
Syracuse-Rochester-Ithaca area, NY
This role is not available as a remote or telecommute opportunity.
$90K to $110K plus excellent benefits
- 5+ years' experience working within large data center environments for corporations (as opposed to hosting centers).
- Your experience must include Wintel computer hardware and operating systems: specifically Windows 2012 and 2016, Active Directory, Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) and System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- Infrastructure architecture experience that includes servers and storage units.
- Experience with global enterprise wide backup solutions. Our client uses Commvault, but experience with other systems is fine.
- Strong experience managing enterprise grade virtualization solutions such as VMware and Hyper-V.
- Solid understanding of security standards and issues.
- Able to perform infrastructure troubleshooting, resolve issues, and document solutions.
- Strong experience managing your own projects as to deliverables and timelines.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with System Center Operations Manager (SCOM)
- Experience with advanced PowerShell techniques.
- Experience with RedHat Linux
- This role will be a key contributor to the administration and optimization of our client's hosting services.
- You will provide support for the following global applications and hardware including Virtual Machines, Storage Devices, Servers, Back-up Systems.
- You will implement and manage new systems such as large-scale back-up systems and Windows virtual and physical servers.
- You will perform infrastructure troubleshooting, resolve issues, and document solutions.
- You will make configuration changes to keep the infrastructure secure and reliable.
- You will develop automation for routine processes.