In this role you will be responsible for the daily activities of our client's manufacturing operations including machining, assembly, production planning, manufacturing engineering, and manufacturing purchasing.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
There will be occasional domestic and international travel in this role.
$90K - $115K
Our client offers an excellent compensation package.
Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- 5+ years of management experience in an embedded electronics manufacturing environment.
- Strong understanding of ISO 9001 and AS9100 standards.
- Prior automotive experience, preferably Tier 1 or Tier 2.
- Leadership and interpersonal skills that enable the candidate to independently coordinate Manufacturing department functions.
- Experience with budgeting, strategic planning, hiring, firing and resource allocation.
- Highly skilled with MS Office.
- Experience in a Lean manufacturing environment.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL
- Be responsible for a manufacturing plan that facilitates organizing, directing and running optimum day-to-day operations.
- Increase production, improve assets capacity and flexibility, reduce costs, and maintain quality expectations.
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity, ensure safety, and verify that quality standards and processes are being followed.
- Research, recommend and implement modern manufacturing methodologies such as Visual Management, 5S, Lean, Cellular Manufacturing and SMED.
- Participate in weekly management meetings as the Manufacturing representative and ensure executive team members are adequately informed in order to make strategic business decisions.
- Assess team members' technical skills, potential, talents, etc. in order to properly place them in appropriate roles.