You will join a global team that is designing and developing embedded software using the latest techniques and technologies. Your initial project will focus on a Linux migration for a central computing unit in the automotive sector. (The project is confidential, and thus we are unable to share more details.)
Farmington Hills, MI
This role is onboarding in remote/telecommute mode, but will be an on-site role when COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.
Senior engineers can expect a salary from $90K to $125K.
Expert engineers can expect a salary from $115K to $135K.
Our client offers an amazing benefits package, as well as a great company culture that includes flexible working hours, a family-friendly working atmosphere, remote/telecommute days, and training in their own academy.
The team you will be joining plans its own team outings such as top golf, board game events, escape rooms, and Friday team luncheons. In addition, the full company plans regular events such as chili cook-offs, Employee Appreciation Day, etc.
Bachelor of Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a similar degree. For a highly experienced engineer, this degree requirement will be waived.
- Experience with Embedded Linux programming in automotive or a similar regulated industry with stringent safety and quality requirements.
- Strong C and C++ programming language skills
- Experience with a Linux integration on customer hardware
- Experience with the Yocto build environment
- You have experience with Kernel configuration/compilation
- Experience with SELinux and SMACK
- Experience with application migration to Linux
- Knowledge of or experience with AUTOSAR