The ideal candidate for this role will be a blend of DBA and Database developer. In this role, you will be working on both maintenance and new development as well as helping guide major engineering decisions.
Ann Arbor, MI
Local candidates preferred but remote may be an option for an exceptional-fit candidate.
Target compensation for this role is $110K - $120K, however an exceptionally qualified candidate could command a higher salary.
Our client offers an excellent benefits package.
Bachelors Degree in a computer-related field. Masters preferred.
- 8+ years of solid SQL database experience which includes several years in a DBA role
- Experience with MySQL (including InnoDB and MyISAM)
- Knowledge of Linux OS
- Experience with Linux server administration / command line
- One of your initial tasks will be evaluating and recommending options to replace MyISAM (which is at end-of-life) or the entire database stack.
- Load analysis and configuration administration
- Replication and cluster management
- Backup and restoration management
- Version migration
- Data migration tool management
- SQL query plan analysis and optimization
- Application query optimization