The BI engineer will be part of a dynamic team creating data visualizations, data applications and analytic components for the entire enterprise.
This position requires that you work primarily on site. There will be opportunities for you to work remotely on occasion.
$45 to $55/hour
You will be a W-2 employee of Stout Systems during this engagement. As a W-2 employee, you will be eligible for excellent medical, dental, vision, long term disability, life insurance as well as paid holidays
This is a 8-month assignment with possible extensions.
- 3-5 years of strong experience with Microsoft Power BI and proficiency in creating datasets, dashboards, reports, complex semantic layers and DAX.
- At least 3 years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Minimum 3 years' experience with SQL Server tool sets like SSIS, SSAS and SSRS.
- Experience with cloud based analytic services such as Azure.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the proven ability to communicate with all levels including management and end customers.
- Design and develop reports utilizing Microsoft Power BI and/or SSRS.
- Provide individual support for access, training, and usage of Power BI dashboards.
- Write T-SQL to support the creation of new dashboards and to audit data accuracy.
- Augment and extend semantic data layers.
- Assist in writing instructions and procedures, and/or manuals to be used by the business to help with training of new visualizations.
- Participate in the BI team's agile process writing stories, managing tasks, and committing to the completion of assigned deliverables.
- Ensure quality and data integrity across the entire reporting domain, including ensuring that proper integration testing is performed before introducing reports to the production environment.