We are searching for both a junior-level and senior-level Programmer Analyst to join a small development team. Our client's application centers around a searchable database used extensively by researchers and scholars.
This is a role and an environment that is particularly well suited for an individual who loves to learn new things (languages, tools, etc.).
Ann Arbor, MI
Only Michigan-based candidates are being considered at this time. All candidates will be work-from-home during the pandemic with options to work remotely afterword.
$70 - $110K depending on skills and experience.
Our client has a generous benefits package including health and dental insurance, very generous retirement contributions and paid leave, paid life insurance, a casual, collegial work environment, tuition assistance, and professional development opportunities.
Bachelor's or Master's degree in a computer-related major
- A minimum of 2 years' experience as a full-time programmer in a professional environment.
- Experience in a Linux environment.
- Experience working with a compiled language such as C# or Java.
- An interest and aptitude to learn Functional Programming and Scala
- In this role, you will be responsible for analyzing, designing, coding, documenting and maintaining web-based applications and related back-end services for a searchable database used in support of researchers and scholars.
- Senior-level applicants for this role will additionally be expected to have DBA experience and will be responsible for administering the production database, designing relational database schema, diagnosing and fixing slow queries, etc.
- Testing strategy includes unit testing, mocks, and test driven development