In this role, you will be responsible for administration of computer networks, including local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs), software installation/updates, security patches, and hardware maintenance.
This manager has an excellent track record helping mid-level engineers grow into senior or expert level roles.
Syracuse-Rochester-Ithaca area, NY
This is a 100% on-site role. (Stay-at-home COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted in this region of New York. Our client is strictly following best practices regarding preventing the spread of COVID-19.)
$80K to $100K, commensurate with experience
This role is eligible for a 10% bonus, payable up to 200%. Our client offers an excellent benefit package.
Associate's or Bachelor's degree in any discipline
- 4 years of experience with CISCO technologies, local area networks, switching and routing platforms.
- Strong knowledge of EIGRP, OSPS and BGP routing protocols.
- Expert knowledge of Spanning Tree Protocol (STP).
- Current CCNP certification or well underway on attaining.
- Exposure to a multi-site enterprise Infrastructure environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Must be a team player, willing to work in a fast paced technical organization.
- Available to participate in an on-call rotation (every 4-5 weeks) and occasional off-hours implementations.
NICE TO HAVE
- Palo Alto security
- Cisco VoIP
- Riverbed WAN Optimization System
- Data Center operations experience (cooling, power, etc.)