The person in this role must have recent enough hands-on experience to oversee a small IT team in their day-to-day operations.
Successful candidate must also have the experience necessary to build out an IT strategy for a rapidly growing company within the healthcare industry and help direct this department's growth. Experience with healthcare data is required.
Lastly, this person must have the experience and professionalism to present to C-suite executives for medical insurance companies.
Ann Arbor, MI
Please note that post-pandemic, this role will be required to be performed nearly 100% on site.
$120K - $200K (depending on skills and experience)
Technical Degree strongly preferred
- Experience implementing and managing IT for an environment that has significant security requirements including storing private information such as PII and healthcare information
- Current or recent hands-on experience managing both Windows and Linux systems
- Experience with quality accreditation processes such as HITRUST and ISO
- Experience and professionalism to present to C-suite executives
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced start-up type of environment
Some of the immediate job responsibilities include:
- Review diagnostics and assess the functionality and efficiency of systems
- Develop network troubleshooting methods that reduce downtime and lower repair costs
- Work closely with departmental managers to determine the maintenance and growth needs of the network
- Monitor changing network technology and deliver a technology update to the executive team on a periodic basis
- Assist with the creation and administration of disaster plans that will keep the company functional in the event of a crisis
- Install and update company software and hardware as needed
- Implement security measures for an environment where private healthcare information might be stored
- Monitor security certificates and company compliance of requirements
- Offer technical support to company staff, including troubleshooting computer problems
- Anticipate and report the cost of replacing or updating computer items