Ann Arbor, MI
This role is not available as a remote/telecommute. Post-pandemic, you may be asked to travel up to 10%.
Compensation is dependent upon level of education and experience, up to 140K.
Excellent comprehensive insurance, bonus opportunities, generous PTO, training opportunities, 401K with company match are provided.
Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline such as Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Data Science, Computer Science, etc.
- Basic understanding of spectroscopic methods, separation technology analyzers, and vibrational spectroscopy
- Familiar with chemometric approaches and techniques like DOE, noise analysis and filtering, PLS, PCA
- Familiar with artificial intelligence methods such as neural nets, deep learning, machine learning
- 5+ years of experience applying chemometric techniques to solve analytic problems using spectroscopic or separation technology analyzers
5+ years' experience developing analyzer products at an instrument manufacturer
WOULD BE BENEFICIAL
- Familiarity and experience with Raman spectroscopy
- Software engineering skills in R or Python
- Knowledge and application of machine learning and statistical techniques including clustering, categorization, linear and logit regression, SVMs
- Experience with data cleaning, scrubbing, interpolation, extrapolation, and general data wrangling
DEPENDING ON YOUR SKILLS YOU MAY BE INVOLVED IN
- Designing, implementing, deploying and testing the entire spectroscopy analysis pipeline workflow with a focus on generation, modeling, aggregation, interrogation, visualization and interpretation of high-quality, voluminous and multispectral data.
- Developing, adapting, customizing, and productizing advanced algorithms to extract compositional, characteristic, and morphological information from Raman spectra.
- Strategic product development based on market-driven requirements. Using the output of chemometric modeling and data analysis to guide the development and manufacture of software and hardware analyzer products.
- Providing requirements or algorithm support to software engineering.
- Providing requirements and tolerancing analysis to hardware engineering (Photonic and Opto-Mechanical Engineering specialties).