The ideal candidate will be a strong engineer in either the iOS or Android native mobile application development stack, but will be able to advise on build and deployment methodologies for both platforms.
In this role, you will be a contributing lead for a team of six engineers, spending part of your time architecting, part of it mentoring and part of it writing code.
Ann Arbor, MI
For the right candidate, this role is available as a 100% remote/telecommute opportunity.
Up to $170K, commensurate with skills and experience in a leadership role.
Our client offers an excellent, comprehensive benefits package.
Minimum Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or computer science
- 10+ years of experience with full stack development
- Extensive experience with native mobile app development on either the Android or iOS platform
- Experience developing high-quality, well-structured code in either SWIFT or Kotlin
- Understands how to create/support multi-platform services
- Experience interviewing, hiring, conducting performance reviews, putting together remediation plans, etc.
- Experience converting from Java to Kotlin
- Experience with cross platform designs
- Experience with test automation
- Take a leadership role in the build and deployment methodologies for both platforms
- Drive the architecture so that code is extensible and has a cohesive design across platforms
- Understand when and how to plan upgrades
- Understand methodologies for deprecation of version support
- Collaborate on issues across multiple teams (Web, QA, Design, etc.)
- Keep up to date on new technology and standards, protocols and tools
- Lead and Mentor junior developers