This is a W-2 position that will be dedicated to working on a cutting-edge project to revamp a public health disease surveillance system. The project is anticipated to end in December 2022.
Ann Arbor, MI
This position is available as a 100% telecommute for a highly qualified candidate.
Up to $120K, commensurate with skills and experience.
Our client offers an outstanding benefits program that includes health, dental and vision insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k (5% employer contribution), and much more.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- The primary requirement for this role is strong experience with Apache SOLR
- Minimum 2 years of enterprise search application development and administration experience with Apache SOLR
- Able to use SOLR for data searches in structured and unstructured data
- Experience creating adhoc SOLR queries and building SOLR queries for multiple search requirements
- Strong Java fundamentals
ANY OF THE FOLLOWING WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE
- Experience working on Java/J2EE applications
- A strong comp sci background that includes knowledge of object orientated programming and RDBMS concepts
- Experience with Spring or Spring Boot, Hibernate, JSON and XML
- Experience with Microservice designs and architectures, Service-oriented architecture (SOA), formal patterns
- Experience with REST/SOAP web services.
- Experience using cloud-based servers like AWS
- Experience processing Medical Document formats like HL7 / QRDA III / FHIR or processing other custom formatted files