The ideal candidate for this role will have run one or two elements of a global organization--but not yet had leadership over the entire infrastructure organization. The candidate's technical expertise will likely be infrastructure, networking or server administration. The candidate will have experience running multiple concurrent projects in a service organization that has to manage competing priorities.
This role is views as a 3-5 year role followed by c-level promotion within the organization.
This role will be situated on site in upstate New York or in our client's HQ on the east coast with 50% travel to upstate New York. Relocation assistance is available.
Up to $195K commensurate with experience. This is a bonus eligible opportunity.
- 10+ years of experience in leadership of large-scale systems planning, analysis, design, and development projects
- Experience leading support for multiple locations, operating systems, hardware types and network topographies
- Technical competence in both infrastructure and application development/deployment projects
- Passion for customer service. Highly-motivated and responsive to the business needs.
- Experience with advanced management techniques and practices including career management, budgeting, planning, analysis and reporting
- Well-developed and demonstrated managerial competencies including: leadership, communication skills, problem solving, customer focus, teambuilding, interpersonal astuteness, vision, strategic planning
- Relevant Bachelor's degree
- Experience working for a manufacturing organization
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL
- Lead the development of strategic plans and direct execution on a global basis for the Infrastructure organization.
- Be responsible for all aspects of technical, operational and service delivery of IT infrastructure on a global basis including Data Center operations, Telecommunications, Server and PC support, Identity management, Messaging, Disaster Recovery and Help Desk support.
- Own the technology roadmap and architecture for all components within your scope, which will include researching and advising on new technologies and solutions that evolve over time.
- Ensure that operations and costs are taking the best advantage of new developments.
- As a member of the IT Leadership Team, this role will interface with senior management to establish strategies that have a direct impact on process efficiency and competitive capabilities for the company.