In this role, you will design and develop production-level software for embedded Linux systems and other non-OS embedded microcontrollers.
You will also develop commercial-grade Linux applications and drivers for single and multi-core, multi-threaded SoCs for the processing and displaying of video.
This is a small company and development team so you will have the opportunity to have your hands on multiple aspects of our client's projects.
Up to 120K (depending on skills and experience)
Future potential for some travel including international.
Technology-related Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience
REQUIRED SKILLS FOR SOFTWARE/FIRMWARE ENGINEER
- Minimum 3 years' experience with C or C++ programming
- Knowledgeable in at least one of the following areas:
- 8/32 bit microcontrollers
- bus protocols such as USB, SPI, I2C, GPIO, SDIO, and Ethernet
- patching bootloaders, operating system, and device drivers
ANY OF THE FOLLOWING WOULD BE VALUABLE
- Experience with ARM embedded processor(s)
- Experience with Embedded Linux, Linux configuration driver or Linux application development
- Knowledge of Buildroot or Yocto embedded build systems
- Experience in Qt C++ and Qt QML
- Experience with protocols such as MQTT, RTSP, TCP/IP, UDP, dbus
- Experience with real time video handling such as gstreamer
- Agile software design knowledge
Software Firmware Engineer | C Programming | C++ | C/C++ | Microcontrollers | Bus protocols | Bootloader | ARM Processor | Embedded Linux | Buildroot | Yocto | Qt | QML |3400
To view more opportunities, please visit stoutsystems.com/jobs.