You will be joining a team that is developing cutting edge products that will make a meaningful impact on the energy efficiency of buildings throughout the world.
In this role you will be responsible for laboratory activities for material characterization, product test and validation, product certification, and product registration.
$70K to $90K
Bachelor's degree in mechanical or chemical engineering, physics, chemistry, ceramics, or glass is strongly preferred
REQUIRED FOR TEST AND VALIDATION ENGINEER
- Hands-on knowledge of basic laboratory and analytical techniques with strong mechanical aptitude
- Experience in accelerated weathering techniques such as UV, Xenon, Temperature/Humidity Cycling Chambers, Highly Accelerated Stress Tests (HAST), and Highly Accelerated Life Tests (HALT)
- Experience in glass testing or material characterization techniques such as Hardness Testers, Universal Testing Machines (UTM), Spectrometers, Microscopes, Sheet Resistance Meters, Rheometers, Dilatometers, Heat Flow Meters, Particle Size Analyzers
- Experience with Statistical and Reliability Tools such as JMP or Minitab and a solid understanding of Measurement System Analysis (MSA), Statistical Process Control (SPC), Reliability Analysis and Lifetime Predictability
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL
- Assist in specifying, sourcing, installing, and operating mechanical, optical, thermal, chemical durability, mechanical durability, and environmental test and validation equipment to support the target learning cycle and certification needs
- Help build the necessary laboratory infrastructure and capabilities for material characterization, analytics, and reporting with short turnaround times including a LIMS software package and laser marking system for the facility
- Help develop analytical test methods, procedures, and metrology infrastructure to support R&D needs including health and safety, equipment preventative maintenance and materials compliance for labs
- Aid with chemical certification, registration and compliance efforts including REACH, ROHS, TSCA, and OSHA required for the sale of products
- Help to obtain sample analysis at external, third-party test labs required for material characterization and analytics
- Assist with applying statistical methods to analyze and predict product performance
- Write test reports and presenting summary information to the team
Test and Validation Engineer | Laboratory | Accelerated Weathering | Glass Testing | Statistical and Reliability Tools | 3645
To view more opportunities, please visit stoutsystems.com/jobs.
Don't see what you want? Subscribe to our job announcement service www.stoutsystems.com/sign-up.