You will be a lead developer responsible for the development of new software products and enhancements to existing products, as well as helping grow those around you.
The ideal candidate excels in working with large-scale applications and frameworks and has outstanding communication and leadership skills. Our client practices paired programming, and you should be comfortable writing code with another person for 6-8 hours per day, 5 days per week. Even if you have not done TDD, you should be enthusiastic about the practice and strongly interested in learning and participating in it.
This is a fully remote role.
If you live in Canada and are interested in a full time 1099 contracting role, our client will consider this arrangement.
Commensurate with skills and experience.
Medical, Dental and Vision insurance. Fitness club membership reimbursement. 401K matching. Professional development. Work/life balance. Our client offers a company-wide bonus and equity to all members of the team.
REQUIRED FOR SOFTWARE ENGINEERING LEAD
- Solid Object-Oriented Programming fundamentals
- Flexible and adaptable to different technology stacks. If you are enthusiastic about learning new technologies and are willing to inherit and work in whatever tech stack may come your way, this is a great fit.
- Experience working on large, enterprise-scale software development projects
- Extreme Programming (XP) or paired programming experience is required
- Experience with TDD or a strong interest
- Excellent communication skills and a passion for mentoring, coaching, and educating both colleagues and clients. This is a client-facing role.
- A DevOps mindset
- Fluent in Cloud deployments and twelve-factor app methodology
- Experience in a product development organization in a role that took a product from sketch to production.
- You will be joining a fully remote agile consultancy that helps both enterprise and startup clients build critical products and systems. They not only build great products, they care about how great products are built and improving the experience of them. They are dedicated to inclusion and transparency. They have a bias towards action and learning through experimentation.
To view more opportunities, please visit stoutsystems.com/jobs.
Don't see what you want? Subscribe to our job announcement service www.stoutsystems.com/sign-up.