Our client's devices are used for environmental compliance testing throughout the globe.
You will assist in development of new products from initial prototype to final product, and participate in all stages of software design, review, testing, validation, deployment, and support.
Ann Arbor, MI
This role will be performed primarily on site.
Up to $85k for an entry level candidate
(For a highly qualified candidate, the salary may go as high as $120K)
Bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineer, or related technical discipline
REQUIRED FOR ENTRY LEVEL EMBEDDED/FIRMWARE ENGINEER
- Strong experience in embedded firmware and application design using C or C++
- Strong software development experience with 32bit microcontroller platforms, including real time operating systems (RTOS)
- Strong software development experience with embedded Linux systems on single board computer (SBC), system on module (SOM), and/or similar hardware
- Experience with device drivers such as UART, I2C, GPIO, CAN, USB, etc
- Experience with workflow and versioning tools such as JIRA and GIT
ANY OF THE FOLLOWING WOULD BE GREAT
- Experience with Nodejs, React, Restful APIs. This will enable you to work on the applications that drive and display results of embedded applications.
- SQL query writing expertise
- Familiarity with electronics tools such as multimeters, logic analyzers, and oscilloscopes
IN THIS ROLE YOU MAY
- Implement firmware, application, algorithm, data streaming, communication, user interface for gas and particle analyzer benches and gas emission and leak measurement instruments
- Collaborate on system designs with system engineer, mechanical engineer, and test engineer
- Track and improve user experience through software solutions
- Troubleshoot and resolve system bugs and errors
Firmware Engineer | Embedded Engineer | C++ | RTOS | 32bi microcontroller | Real Time Operating System | Embedded Linux | Single Board Computer | SBC | System on Module | SOM | Device Driver | UART | I2C | GPIO | CAN | USB | 3792
To view more opportunities, please visit stoutsystems.com/jobs.
Don't see what you want? Subscribe to our job announcement service www.stoutsystems.com/sign-up.