This is a six month contract to hire.
Our client provides highly customized digital, offset and large format printing solutions and data services to national and global companies.
This role will be performed primarily on site. After the contracting phase, there will be opportunities to telecommute as much as 2 days per week.
$45/hour to $55/hour
During the contracting phase, you will be an employee of Stout Systems and eligible for medical, dental, vision, life and long term disability insurance.
Upon conversion to direct-hire employment with our client, the salary will be $85K to $105K commensurate with education, skills and experience. Our client provides a full suite of benefits.
An Associates or Bachelors degree in management information systems, computer science, or a related field is desirable.
Demonstrated work experience will be considered an acceptable alternative to this requirement.
REQUIRED SKILLS FOR SENIOR SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
- Senior level knowledge and experience with Windows systems administration
- Strong problem solving capabilities
- A passion for independently researching and learning new skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to explain technical details to peers and leadership
ANY OF THE FOLLOWING WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE
- Prior experience with Linux system administration
- Prior experience with network administration
- Prior experience with cyber security
IN THIS ROLE YOU MAY
- Acquire, update, and maintain desktop computing systems using Microsoft Windows and Apple OS X, as well as support a variety of related business systems and production equipment.
- Create, remove, or alter user accounts and access permissions per access control policies and procedures.
- Ensure operating systems, applications, and devices have appropriate patches applied in a timely fashion.
- Support cloud deployments in Google Cloud, Azure, and AWS.
- Maintain and create documentation on system and network configurations, including standardized secure build requirements. Test utilities as needed
- Ensure that backups are performed in a timely manner per backup and recovery policy.
- Investigate, install, evaluate, and test new software and hardware technologies on an as-needed basis.
- Develop, maintain, and deploy system changes to support and/or enhance the the security policies of the organization, including auditing tools, logging tools, active directory group policies, intrusion detection systems, etc.
- Lead the maintenance and improvement of a vulnerability management program.
- Perform regular analysis of system, application, and network logs to identify system issues. You will troubleshoot, correct and/or escalate identified issues as appropriate.
- Maintain documentation necessary for SSAE16, HIPAA, and PCI compliance audits.
- Source, assemble, install, administer, and maintain new servers running a variety of operating systems, including Windows, Linux (Ubuntu), FreeBSD (FreeNAS, & pfsense), VMWare, and other systems.
- Install, deploy, and maintain network hardware, including switches, routers, wiring, and firewalls, including VLAN and trunking configurations.
- Work together with customer service, management, production, and IT development staff to support company wide projects and goals.
Systems Administrator | Network Administrator | Windows | Linux | 3803
To view more opportunities, please visit stoutsystems.com/jobs.
Don't see what you want? Subscribe to our job announcement service www.stoutsystems.com/sign-up.